LingDocDaTA: Linguistic Documentation, Description and Theoretical Analysis
Language Contact, Variation and Change.
1. Clitic Systems and Morphology
- Non-canonical clitics: English Auxiliaries and Portuguese Pronouns;
- The morphology of clitics (within Paradigm Function Morphology);
- The morphology-syntax interface of clitic systems (within Lexical Functional Grammar);
- The effect of morphosyntactic conditioning on clitic phonology (within Stratal Optimality Theory);
- Phrasal affixation and mixed clitics systems.
2- Inflectional Morphology and Verbal Paradigms
- The autonomy of morphology and the nature of morphomes;
- The complexity of verbal paradigms using both experimental and quantitative methods;
- Conjugation classes and non-productive alternations in creole languages.
- The presence of morphomes in creoles.
- The development of morphology in creole languages;
- The nature of reduplication;
- Verbal inflection, conjugation classes and allomorphy.
- The grammar of Barranquenho;
- Afro-Portuguese in 17th century Vilancicos de Negro.
- Loanverbs and verbal inflection.
- Matter/Pattern borrowing.
5- Documentation & Corpora
- A searchable database of 17th century Vilancicos de Negro (ongoing);
- An annotated corpus of spoken Guiné Bissau Kriyol (ongoing).