- GECCO 2023 will be in Lisbon and I will be the Editor-in-Chief.
- Operations Research Perspectives has now Impact Factor (3.382)
- Special issue on exact and approximation methods for mixed-integer multi-objective optimization at Mathematical Methods of Operations Research
- New article A Reconfigurable Resource Management Framework for Fog Environments was accepted to Future Generation Computer Systems
- New article Star Discrepancy Subset Selection: Problem Formulation and Efficient Approaches for Low Dimensions was accepted to Journal of Complexity.
- New article Decision space robustness for multi-objective integer linear programming was accepted to Annals of Operations Research.
- If you are interested on doing a joint PhD on topics of optimization in Coimbra and in Kaiserslautern, check this opportunity.
- I am organizing training sessions for competitive programming - if you are a student and like to code, feel free to reach me to know more about this.
Conferences and other events
- Organization of RAMOO 2022
- Visiting Professor at Paris-Dauphine University in May/June 2022
- Area Editor of the new journal ACM Transactions on Evolutionary Learning and Optimization.
- Editorial board member of Operations Research Perspectives, Elsevier
- Chair at GECCO 2020 and 2021(ECOM track), EvoCOP 2020, EvoCOP 2019, PPSN 2018
- Stream Chair on Multiobjective Combinatorial Optimization at EURO 31
- Deputy Director of the Doctoral Program in Information Science and Technology since November 2016
- Deputy Head of Department from 2015 to 2017
- Deputy Director of the research center CISUC from 2013 to 2015
- See book Experimental methods for the analysis of optimization algorithms, Springer
- ACM SIGEVO impact award 2012: A racing algorithm for configuring metaheuristics
- GECCO 2015, EMO track best paper award, Greedy hypervolume subset selection in the three-objective case
- EvoCOP 2011 best paper award: Connectedness and local search for bicriteria knapsack problems
- EvoCOP 2002 best paper award: Experimental investigation of iterated local search for coloring graphs
- Programme Acertar o Rumo, of which I was the coordinator, won a 2nd national award at IAPMEI
- As novas fronteiras da engenharia 2013 award, Ordem dos Engenheiros