- I will be chair of EvoCOP 2020 in Sevilla with C. Zarges and track chair of ECOM at GECCO 2020 in Cancun with F. Chicano.
- Congrats to F. Chicano, G. Ochoa, D. Whitley and R. Tinós for the EvoCOP 2019 Best Paper Award with the article Quasi-optimal recombination operator!
- "Optimization of service placement with fairness" with N. Godinho and M. Curado was accepted to IEEE ISCC.
- "A combinatorial branch and bound for the min-max regret spanning tree problem" with Noé Godinho was accepted to SEA^2.
- MOCO-SEARCH - a 3-year FCT/CNRS PICS project with University of Lille was approved for funding.
- If you are interested on doing a joint PhD on topics of optimization in Coimbra and in Kaiserslautern, check this opportunity.
- I am organizing training sessions for competitive programming - if you are a student and like to code, feel free to reach me to know more about this.
Conferences and other events
- Chair at EvoCOP 2019
- Programme chair at PPSN 2018
- Deputy Director of the Doctoral Program in Information Science and Technology since November 2016
- I am in the editorial board of Operations Research Perspectives, Elsevier
- Deputy Head of Department from 2015 to 2017
- Deputy Director of the research center CISUC from 2013 to 2015
- See book Experimental methods for the analysis of optimization algorithms, Springer
- ACM SIGEVO impact award 2012: A racing algorithm for configuring metaheuristics
- GECCO 2015, EMO track best paper award, Greedy hypervolume subset selection in the three-objective case
- EvoCOP 2011 best paper award: Connectedness and local search for bicriteria knapsack problems
- EvoCOP 2002 best paper award: Experimental investigation of iterated local search for coloring graphs
- Programme Acertar o Rumo, of which I was the coordinator, won a 2nd national award at IAPMEI
- As novas fronteiras da engenharia 2013 award, Ordem dos Engenheiros