- I will be track chair of ECOM at GECCO 2020 with F. Chicano.
- Congrats to Benjamin Doerr and Martin S. Krejca with the paper "The univariate marginal distribution algorithm copes well with deception and epistasis", winners of the EvoCOP Best Paper Award!
- New paper "A model of anytime algorithm performance for bi-objective optimization" accepted to Journal of Global Optimization.
- New paper "A rank-based mechanism for service placement in the fog" accepted to IFIP Networking 2020.
- New paper "Algorithm selection of anytime algorithms" accepted to GECCO 2020.
- New paper "On the rectangular knapsack problem - approximation of a specific quadratic knapsack problem" accepted to Mathematical Methods of Operations Research.
- I am Award Jury for the Open Optimization Competition 2020.
- If you are interested on doing a joint PhD on topics of optimization in Coimbra and in Kaiserslautern, check this opportunity.
- I am organizing training sessions for competitive programming - if you are a student and like to code, feel free to reach me to know more about this.
Conferences and other events
- I am Area Editor of the new journal ACM Transactions on Evolutionary Learning and Optimization.
- Chair at GECCO 2020 (ECOM track), EvoCOP 2020, EvoCOP 2019, PPSN 2018
- Deputy Director of the Doctoral Program in Information Science and Technology since November 2016
- I am in the editorial board of Operations Research Perspectives, Elsevier
- Deputy Head of Department from 2015 to 2017
- Deputy Director of the research center CISUC from 2013 to 2015
- See book Experimental methods for the analysis of optimization algorithms, Springer
- ACM SIGEVO impact award 2012: A racing algorithm for configuring metaheuristics
- GECCO 2015, EMO track best paper award, Greedy hypervolume subset selection in the three-objective case
- EvoCOP 2011 best paper award: Connectedness and local search for bicriteria knapsack problems
- EvoCOP 2002 best paper award: Experimental investigation of iterated local search for coloring graphs
- Programme Acertar o Rumo, of which I was the coordinator, won a 2nd national award at IAPMEI
- As novas fronteiras da engenharia 2013 award, Ordem dos Engenheiros