I am Associate Professor at the Department of Informatics Engineering, University of Coimbra. I received my PhD in Computer Science from TU Darmstadt in 2005 and my MSc in Systems Engineering and Computer Science from the University of Algarve in 2001.
My research interests are within algorithms for combinatorial optimization problems. I have been working on basic questions that arise on solution techniques to problems with several objectives of conflicting nature - so called multiobjective optimization - see my publications about this topic. I am also keen on applying these concepts to real-life problems - see MOSAL.
See my personal webpage to learn more about the research I am doing or to contact me.
- New article Star discrepancy subset selection: problem formulation and efficient approaches for low dimensions available at arXiv
- New benchmark data and code for the star discrepancy subset selection problem
- I will be teaching an on-line course on Multiobjective Optimization at the University of Wuppertal with K. Klamroth and M. Stiglmayr
- Erasmus+ project Sustrainable was accepted for funding
- New paper "Finding multi-objective supported efficient spanning trees" with P. Correia and J.R. Figueira at Computational Optimization and Applications
- I am organizing a stream on Multiobjective Combinatorial Optimization with Manuel López-Ibáñez at EURO 31
- I will be chair of ECOM track at GECCO 2021 with Gabriela Ochoa
- If you are interested on doing a joint PhD on topics of optimization in Coimbra and in Kaiserslautern, check this opportunity.
- I am organizing training sessions for competitive programming - if you are a student and like to code, feel free to reach me to know more about this.
Department of Informatics Engineering, University of Coimbra
Pólo II, 3030-290 Coimbra, Portugal
Phone: +351 239 790 049
Fax: +351 239 701 266
E-mail: paquete (at) dei.uc.pt