I am Associate Professor at the Department of Informatics Engineering, University of Coimbra. I received my PhD in Computer Science from TU Darmstadt in 2005 and my MSc in Systems Engineering and Computer Science from the University of Algarve in 2001.
My research interests are within algorithms for combinatorial optimization problems. I have been working on basic questions that arise on solution techniques to problems with several objectives of conflicting nature - so called multiobjective optimization - see my publications about this topic. I am also keen on applying these concepts to real-life problems - see MOSAL.
See my personal webpage and ALGO Lab to learn more about the research I am doing or to contact me.
- Alexandre Jesus will defend his PhD thesis in December 9
- I will be at the University of Jyväskylä for the PhD defense of Pouya Aghaei Pour
- GECCO 2023 will be in Lisbon and I will be the Editor-in-Chief.
- Operations Research Perspectives has now Impact Factor (3.382)
- Special issue on exact and approximation methods for mixed-integer multi-objective optimization at Mathematical Methods of Operations Research
- iIf you are interested on doing a joint PhD on topics of optimization in Coimbra and in Kaiserslautern, check this opportunity.
- I am organizing training sessions for competitive programming - if you are a student and like to code, feel free to reach me to know more about this.
Department of Informatics Engineering, University of Coimbra
Pólo II, 3030-290 Coimbra, Portugal
Phone: +351 239 790 049
Fax: +351 239 701 266
E-mail: paquete (at) dei.uc.pt