I am assistant professor at the Department of Informatics Engineering, University of Coimbra, since 2007. I received my PhD in Computer Science from TU Darmstadt in 2005 and my MSc in Systems Engineering and Computer Science from the University of Algarve in 2001.
My research interests are within algorithms for combinatorial optimization problems. I have been working on basic questions that arise on solution techniques to problems with several objectives of conflicting nature - so called multiobjective optimization - see my publications about this topic. I am also keen on applying these concepts to real-life problems - see MOSAL.
See my personal webpage to learn more about the research I am doing or to contact me.
- I am in the programme committee of EvoCOP 2018.
- Congrats to Alexandre Jesus, a PhD student that I am supervising with Arnaud Liefooghe, that has been awarded with an FCT PhD grant!
- "Spatial cluster detection through a dynamic programming approach" accepted at Handbook of Scan Statistics.
- Congrats to my co-authors José Figueira for the MCDM Gold Medal and Britta Schulze for the MCDM Dissertation Award!
- PPSN 2018 will be in Coimbra!
- I will attend the Dagstuhl Seminar Personalized Multiobjective Optimization: An Analytics Perspective, 14-19 Jan 2018.
- I am organizing training sessions for competitive programming - if you are a student and like to code, feel free to reach me to know more about this.
Department of Informatics Engineering, University of Coimbra
Pólo II, 3030-290 Coimbra, Portugal
Phone: +351 239 790 049
Fax: +351 239 701 266
E-mail: paquete (at) dei.uc.pt