I am assistant professor at the Department of Informatics Engineering, University of Coimbra, since 2007. I received my PhD in Computer Science from TU Darmstadt in 2005 and my MSc in Systems Engineering and Computer Science from the University of Algarve in 2001.
My research interests are within algorithms for combinatorial optimization problems. I have been working on basic questions that arise on solution techniques to problems with several objectives of conflicting nature - so called multiobjective optimization - see my publications about this topic. I am also keen on applying these concepts to real-life problems - see MOSAL.
See my personal webpage to learn more about the research I am doing or to contact me.
- Implicit enumeration strategies for the hypervolume subset selection problem, with R. Gomes, A. Guerreiro and T. Kuhn, was accepted to Computers & Operations Research. The branch and bound algorithm is available here.
- "Dominance, epsilon, and hypervolume local optimal sets in multi-objective optimization, and how to tell the difference", with A. Liefooghe, M. López-Ibáñez and S. Verel, was accepted to GECCO 2018.
- I will be co-chair of EvoCOP 2019, together with Arnaud Liefooghe.
- PPSN 2018 will be in Coimbra and I am a programme chair, together with Anne Auger and Darrell Whitley.
- I am in the programme committee of HM 2019, LeGO 2018, GECCO 2018 and LOD 2018.
- If you are interested on doing a joint PhD on topics of optimization in Coimbra and in Kaiserslautern, check this opportunity.
- I am organizing training sessions for competitive programming - if you are a student and like to code, feel free to reach me to know more about this.
Department of Informatics Engineering, University of Coimbra
Pólo II, 3030-290 Coimbra, Portugal
Phone: +351 239 790 049
Fax: +351 239 701 266
E-mail: paquete (at) dei.uc.pt