Sérgio Dias Branco
Sérgio Dias Branco is Assistant Professor of Film Studies, where he directs the MA in Art Studies and coordinates LIPA - Laboratory for Investigating and Practicing Art. He is a researcher at the CEIS20 - Centre for Interdisciplinary Studies at the University of Coimbra and collaborates with the Research Centre for Theology and Religious Studies at the Catholic University of Portugal and Nova Institute of Philosophy. He has taught at Nova University of Lisbon and the University of Kent, where he was awarded with a MA and a PhD in Film Studies. He was President of the Association of Moving Image Researchers between 2018 and 2020 and member of its Direction Board between 2014 and 2020. His research falls within the scientific areas of film, religious, television, and working class studies. He co-edits Conversations: The Journal of Cavellian Studies.
1. “Together in the Midst of War: Muslim and Christian Coexistence in Lebanese Cinema”. In New Approaches to Islam in Film, ed. Kristian Petersen, 210-21. New York: Routledge, 2021.
2. O Trabalho das Imagens: Estudos sobre Cinema e Marxismo [The Work of Images: Studies on Cinema and Marxism]. Lisbon: Página a Página, 2020.
3. “Descobertas do Cinemático” [“Discoveries of the Cinematic”]. Paralaxe: Revista de Estética e Filosofia da Arte 6, no. 1 (2019): 121-43. https://revistas.pucsp.br/paralaxe/article/view/46608/30965.
4. Ed. with Patrícia Silveirinha Castello Branco and Saeed Zeydabadi-Nejad. Cinema: Journal of Philosophy and the Moving Image 9, “Islam and Images” (2017). http://cjpmi.ifilnova.pt/storage/9/9.pdf.
5. “The Past Tense of Our Selves: Um Adeus Português in 1980s Portugal”. Journal of Lusophone Studies 2, no. 1, “Dossier Especial sobre Cinema Português” (2017), ed. Clara Rowland and Estela Vieira: 41-58. https://jls.apsa.us/index.php/jls/article/view/154.
Film and Television Studies. Philosophy. Religious Studies. Theology. Working Class Studies.