Associate Professor (DHEEAA - FLUC)
Isabel Camisão holds a Ph.D in Political Science and International Relations, MA in European Studies and BA in International Relations from the University of Minho. She is currently Associate Professor in European Studies at the Faculty of Arts and Humanities of the University of Coimbra where she teaches courses to the BA and to the Master in European Studies. She is Director of the Master in European Studies and Deputy Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, in charge of the Acreditation, Projects and Research Centres’s portfolio. She is full member of the Research Center in Political Science (CICP) (ORCID: 0000-0003-4138-3231), founding member of the Section of European Studies of the Portuguese Political Science Association and member of its Board. Between 2012 and 2015 she held a postdoctoral fellowship from the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Tecnhology to develop the research project “Timely Political Leadership in the EU” (SFRH/BPD/77342/2011). Her main areas of research are EU governance and EU institutions (particularly the role of the European Commission), leadership and international negotiation. She is the author of three books and several chapters on the EU, has coordinated three edited volumes on her main areas of research and has published articles in specialized journals such as the Journal of Common Market Studies, the Journal of European Integration and the Journal of Contemporary European Research.
1. Camisão, Isabel e Brandão, Ana Paula (2022) Para além do óbvio: os atores Institucionais da UE no Ciclo Político da PESC. In União Europeia como Ator Internacional: Paz e Segurança nas Narrativas e Práticas, coord. Maria Raquel Freire e Daniela Nascimento. Coimbra: Imprensa da Universidade de Coimbra.
2. Camisão, Isabel and Vila Maior, Paulo (2022) The EU and the Pandemic Crisis: From ‘Road to Nowhere’ to ‘I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For’. In The European Integration Process: Crisis and Resilience in the Aftermath of the COVID-19 Pandemic, coord. António Portugal, Srdjan Redzpagic e Fátima Sol Murta. Coimbra: Imprensa da Universidade de Coimbra.
3. Vila Maior, Paulo and Camisão, Isabel. 2022. The Pandemic Crisis and the European Union: Covid-19 and crisis’ management. Routledge.
4. Camisão, Isabel and Luciano, Bruno Theodoro. 2022. Challenges to Democracy in the European Union. In Ernesto Jeger, Diego Durán Cruz and Bruno Theodoro Luciano (Coords.) Multilareralism and Regionalism in Challeging Times Relations Between Europe and Latin America and the Caribbean. Hamburg, Germany: EU-LAC Foundation [editado em Inglês e Espanhol].
5. Brandão, Ana Paula, e Camisão, Isabel (2022) Playing the market card: The Commission’s strategy to shape EU cybersecurity policy. Journal of Common Market Studies, Vol. 60, Issue 5, pp.1335-1355. (Published online April 2021 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/jcms.13158)
6. Camisão, Isabel. 2021. Biden e o Regresso da Parceria Transatlântica: Oportunidades e Desafios. Relações Internacionais, nº 69, Março 2021, pp. 69-77.
7. Vila Maior, Paulo and Camisão, Isabel. 2021. Institutional Rebalancing in the wake of the Covid-19 Pandemic. In New Chalenges to the Eurozone governance: are there joint solutions for common threats?, eds. José Manuel Caetano, Isabel Vieira, e António Bento Caleiro. Springer. pp. 285-302.
Research /interest areas:
Governance and Institutions of the EU.
Ciência Vitae: 0215-8E14-24CB