Attendance with success on the curricular units Mathematic calculus and on Enterprises Accounting and Management.
Theoretical classes for presentation of general principles and resolution of basic problems. Practical classes for resolution of problems and for clarifying student’s doubts.
Evaluation: Midterm exam, Ordinary exam or Recourse exam. The tests are split on two parts.
Theoretical part 40%
Practical part 60%
In particular situations, and if have the accordance of course coordinator, the Midterm exam evaluation can be replaced by a Syntheses work or by a Project.
It is intended to prepare the students with the basic knowledge about entrepreneurship, financial performance of business and creation of new businesses. It is intended that the students become prepared to understand the reality of the economic and financial reality of the enterprises and to dialogue with their managers, economists and accountants, to perform current economic and financial calculations, to identified the most appropriate ways of funding enterprises and its activities, to make economic and financial analysis of investments, to identify the risks and the needed resources to create a new business or a new manufacturing process, to develop and analyzing business plans, to understand the current economic and financial documents of business entities and to collaborate (or leading if necessary) in the compilation of economic and financial information, its analysis and subsequent decision making.
1. Financial mathematics, interest analyses and equivalence of capitals.
2. Financial operations, methods of funding and management of capitals.
3. Economic and financial analyses of investment alternatives.
4. Elaboration and analysis of business plans.
António Manuel Mendes Raimundo
1. António Raimundo, Gestão financeira (elementos de apoio), DEM, FCTUC, 2011. (Texto Principal)
2. António de Sousa, Introdução à gestão - uma abordagem sistémica, Editorial Verbo, Lisboa, 1994.
3. G. Thuesen & W. Fabrycky, Engineering economy, 9th Edition, Prentice Hall Internationals, Series in industrial and systems engineering, New Jersey, 2001.
4. Rogério Matias, Cálculo financeiro - teoria e prática, Escolar Editora, 2004.
5. Fernando Abecassis & Nuno Cabral, Análise económica e financeira de projectos, 3ª edição, Fundação Calouste