Programming and Computer Science
1st Cycle Studies
Mathematics (Arithmetic, Logic and Trigonometry) / English language / Geometry
Detailed presentation of the subjects, principles and fundamental concepts, with application problems solved punctually. Some exercises are presented to the students with the purpose of stimulate the learning process and promote the auto-evaluation of knowledge. In these lectures audio-visual equipment is used.
Practical and Laboratorial Lectures
The exercises presented in the Practical Issues are solved with tutorial support. Development of the capabilities to use computer software. In these classes, students may work in groups of maximum two persons, and each group has one desktop personal computer. The teacher disposes of audio-visual equipment for tutorial support.
To present some of the basis of computers functioning.
To provide the students on the use of a software tool for computer-aided engineering design.
To encourage the use of software tools for analysis and treatment of numerical data, with the goal of the improvement of decision and arguing capacities.
To present some basic concepts of structured programming and algorithms, with the purpose of development of logical thinking and programming intelligence.
To provide the students on the use of a programming language for solving problems. Some basis of programming in VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) code language is provided.
1. Drawing with AutoCAD
Presentation of AutoCAD software; main capabilities; basic drawing tools; drawing annotation; handling of layers.
2. Advanced knowledge of Excel
Presentation of Excel software; use of worksheets, creation of tables, creation and analysis of charts; main intrinsic functions used in arithmetic and trigonometry, matrix calculus, statistical, date and time, logical and lookup and reference; achievement of approximated solutions by the use of “Goal Seek” and solution of multivariable problems by the use of “Solver”.
3. Fundamentals of programming and VBA
Basis of design of algorithms, representation of algorithms and flowcharts; structured programming, principal programs and subroutines; decision and looping statements; types of data and declaration of variables; basis of VBA programming; interface design; programming and design of forms; record of Macros; development of VBA codes to solve practical exercises.
Bernardete Martins Ribeiro
• Grazina, J.C. (2011) - Apontamentos das aulas teóricas de Informática, DEC-FCTUC.
• Ribeiro, B.; Paquete, L. e Pereira, V. - Breve introdução ao AutoCAD – Apontamentos.
• Sousa, M.J. - Fundamental do Excel 2010, FCA Editora.
• Peres, P. - Macros e Aplicações Excel 2007, Edições Sílabo.
• Santos, J. - Autocad 2010: Depressa & Bem, FCA Editora.
• Walkenbach, J. - Excel 2007 Bible, Wiley Publishing, Inc.
• Green, J.; Bullen, S., Bovey, R. and Alexander, M. - Excel 2007 VBA – Programmer´s Reference, Wiley Publishing, Inc.