Structural analysis I and II, reinforced concrete I and II, steel structures and foundations
Theoretical classes: presentation of theoretical concepts, regulatory models and illustrative examples by means of oral presentation and using audio visual resources.
Theoretical-Practical classes: tutorial work and examples.
Practical classes: autonomous work carried out by the students in a computational laboratory under the teacher’s guidance concerning specific aspects of the project (modelling and analysis). Discussion and presentation of the evolution of the project consisting of Prior Study (including Descriptive Memory, Pre-Dimensioning, Drawn Pieces, Budget Estimate) and Implementation Project (including Descriptive Memory, Calculation Note and Computational Calculation Annexes, Drawn Pieces, Specifications, Measurements and Budget.
Study Visits: Visit to construction sites on different construction phases (foundations and superstructure).
-Understanding of the theoretical and code models used in the analysis and design of structures
-Specific knowledge on the Eurocodes.
-Ability to conceive structural solutions to solve specific problems of analysis and design of structures.
- Ability to use methods and structural analysis software
-Ability to develop a full structural and foundations project
- Capacity to communicate orally and written.
E2. Introduction to structural design
E3. Examples of structures
E4. Building structures
E5. Horizontal structural layout
First pratical work – structures – horizontal structural layout
E7. Flat slabs
E8. Waffle slabs
G2. Structural design of shallow foundations
First pratical work Geot 1
Second pratical work – structures- slab modelling and analysis
G3. Foundation slabs.
G4. Deep foundations
E11. Finite element method
E12. Strut and tie method
G5. Retaining walls
- CEN, Eurocode 1 – Actions on structures, EN 1991-1, 2003.
- CEN, Eurocode 2 - Design of concrete structures, Part 1-1: General rules and rules for buildings, EN 1992-1-1, 2005.
- CEN, Eurocode 3 - Design of steel structures, Part 1-1: General rules and rules for buildings, EN 1993-1-1, 2005.
- CEN, Eurocode 4 - Design of composite steel and concrete structures, Part 1-1: General rules and rules for buildings, EN 1994-1-1, 2005.
- CEN, Eurocode 7 – Geotechnical design, Part 1: General rules, EN 1997-1, 2004.
- CEN, Eurocode 8 – General rules, seismic actions and rules for buildings, Part 1: General rules and rules for buildings, EN 1998-1, 2004.
-Autodesk Robot Stuctural analysis software
- Cypecad user manual