Building Physics /Constructions Materials.
Lectures aimed to the systematization and organization of knowledge and methodological approaches.
The theoretical and practical classes- although there are no clearly difference from them - intended for the analysis of case studies presented by the students in the light of knowledge and adopted methodology.
Students will develop a small project based on the observation of real situations that they will propose.
Provide the students with knowledge of building technology to enable them to:
- Design, calculate and define conditions for the implementation of primary elements of construction (walls, roofs, floors and glazing) due to functional requirements and that can identify and adapt to different situations.
- Know the different types of building materials available for building facades, roofs, floors and glazing with the identification of its characteristics and its technological constraints of use.
1-Actions on structures
2-Walls, Roofs e Floors: study of the primary elements of buildings and its contribution to its hygrothermal performance. Approach on functional requirements, description and identification of the characteristics of materials, technique layers and finishing and auxiliary of the several construction elements, namely:
4-Water and sewage facilities in buildings
3 practical works: 20.0%
Practical exam: 30.0%
2 theoretical tests: 50.0%
-APICER, CTCV e DEC-FCTUC - “Manual de Alvenaria de Tijolo” e “Manual de Aplicação de Telhas Cerâmicas”
. Associação Portuguesa de Industriais de Cerâmica de Construção, Coimbra, 2000.
-LUCAS, J. A. Carvalho - "Exigências funcionais de revestimentos de paredes" e “Classificação e descrição geral de revestimentos para paredes de alvenaria ou betão" - ITE 25 e ITE 24, LNEC, Lisboa, 1990
- LNEC - "Coberturas de edifícios" Curso de Formação Profissional - CPP 516 - LNEC, Lisboa, 1976.
- LOPES, J. M. Grandão - "Revestimentos de impermeabilização de coberturas em terraço" - ITE 34, LNEC, Lisboa,
- "Regulamento Geral dos Sistemas Públicos e Prediais de Distribuição de Água e de Drenagem de Águas Residuais"- D.L.207/94 de 6 Agosto; D.R. 23/95 de 23 de Agosto.
-TORRES, M.I.M. “Humidade Ascensional em Paredes”. Tese de Mestrado. FCTUC, Coimbra 1998
-FREITAS, V.P.; TORRES, M.I.M; GUIMARÃES, A.S. “Humidade Ascensional” FEUP Edições, Porto 2008