Urban and Regional Planning.
Lectures devoted to the exposure of the material associated with the discipline, accompanied by audio-visual presentation and practical exercises. Practical sessions dedicated to carrying out practical work. Students are encouraged to be autonomous in this work.
Monitoring of the work during classes and preferably in hours of service of teachers.
The practical classes cannot have more than 15 students. Groups must have three elements. Students are not allowed to move between classes.
The discipline of Urban Project in the context of the MIEC, aims to provide students with:
• Concepts, history, instruments and actors.
• Key concepts in urban design. Evolution of cities and urbanism. Portuguese cities.
• Urban policies in Portugal. Urban legislation applicable to the urban project.
• Types of urban design. The multidisciplinary nature of the planning / urban design. Public participation.
• The production of urban space. The site and the place. Sustainability indicators. The physical support.
• The road structure and public space. The activities.
• The structure and fragmentation of urban space.
• Distribution of costs and gains of the urban project.
• Costs of Urbanization. Real Estate Valuation.
• Consolidated Areas. Urban regeneration
• Areas of urban sprawl.
• Environmentally sensitive areas.
Realization of a practical work related to the subjects taught in the lectures.
allocated to a practical and a written examination: 100.0%
1.RJUE - 2010 - Regime Jurídico da Urbanização e da Edificação (actualizado). Editora DisLivro.;
2.RGEU - 2009 – Regulamento Geral das Edificações Urbanas (actualizado). Editora DisLivro.
Outra bibliografia a destacar:
3.American Planning Association (2006). Planning and Urban Design Standards. Ed. Frederick R. Steiner and Kent Butler (Student Edition Editors). Editora Wiley.
4.Bacon, Edmund (1969) Design of Cities (revised edition). Peguin Books.
5.Mangin, D. & Panerai, P. (1999). Project Urbain. Collection Eupalinos. Éditions Parenthéses.
6.Portas, Nuno; Domingues, Álvaro & Cabral, João (2003) Políticas Urbanas - Tendências, Estratégias e Oportunidades. Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian.
7.Pardal, S. & Lobo, C. (1993) Normas Urbanísticas III, Volume III Elementos de Direito urbanístico. Loteamentos Urbanos. Ordenamento Agro-Florestal. DGOT
8.Broadbent, Geoffrey (1990) Emerging Concepts in Urban Space Design. Ed. E & FN Spon.
9. Normas de Programação de Equipamentos da DGOT-DU.