2nd Cycle Studies - Mestrado
Communication Networks Engineering, Planning and Management Techniques, good level of English language.
Detailed explanation of concepts, principles and theories complemented with the conventional resolution of practical exercises to consolidate the acquired knowledge. Brief description of key features of each type of network addressed in the curricular unit. Computational works on the different topics of the syllabus will be performed by the students. An in-depth study of a specific topic will be done by the students, whom will then make an oral presentation of their work, subject to an open discussion (where the participation of the students will be valued).
With this curricular unit, the students are expected to broaden and deepen their knowledge of mechanisms to increase resilience in communication networks. They will acquire knowledge about resilient routing mechanisms in MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching) networks, wireless networks and vehicular networks. Exploring emerging topics will develop the critical analytical skills of the students. The oral presentation and subsequent discussion of the developed works will contribute to the development of inter-personal and communication skills of the students.
1. Introduction to resilience in networks
2. Recovery in MPLS networks
3. Resilience in wireless networks
4. Resilience in vehicular networks
5. Resilience issues in emerging technologies
Teresa Martinez dos Santos Gomes
Laboratory work or Field work: 20.0%
Synthesis work: 20.0%
- J. Rak, Resilient Routing in Communication Networks, Springer, 2015
- C. Sommer and F. Dressler, Vehicular Networking, Cambridge University Press, 2015
- Ina Minei, Julian Lucek, MPLS-Enabled Applications: Emerging Developments and New Technologies, 3rd Edition, Wiley, 2011.
- N. F. Mir, Computer and Communication Networks, 2nd edition, Prentice-Hall, 2014.