Institutional Organization and Communication
2nd Cycle Studies - Mestrado
Seminars with introduction of case studies and presenting examples of previous work. The final stage of education includes the analysis of the information obtained.
The course aims to give students skills to:
1) understand the main concepts related to industry and hydrocarbon exploration;
2) learn the basic safety concepts, legislation and international organizations connected to the oil industry;
3) manage and communicate data and concepts related to the oil industry.
1. Oil and gas
Definition, characteristics and quality standards.
2. Introduction to the industry knowledge on the production of energy.
Historical evolution of the role of energy production industries.
3. Current status of exploration and production of hydrocarbon industry.
Hydrocarbon production geography.
From production to distribution of refined and derivatives.
4. Basic security concepts, legislation and international organizations connected to the oil industry.
Agencies, entities, etc.
5. Prospects in the evolution of the oil industry.
Variables involved: ex. price, political geography, etc.
6. Portuguese legislation on the oil activity.
7. Technical communication and preparation of reports.
Techniques and key concepts in the development of documentation and communication of information and knowledge.
Synthesis work: 50.0%
A indicar pelos conferencistas/To be indicated by the lecturers.