Impact Assessment and Environmental Rehabilitation
2nd Cycle Studies - Mestrado
Prerequisites advised at the level of Generic Skills: in) instrumental - competence of analysis and synthesis; competence in organization and planning; competence in joint interdisciplinary content; competence to apply in practice theoretical knowledge already acquired; competence to solve problems; b) Personal - critical thinking competence; skills in autonomous work and group work; c) systemic - skills in planning and research.
Lectures and practical with carrying out laboratory work and field. Teaching methods fall into: the Cognitive Model of Education - oral presentation with deductive strategies (presentation of a statement introductory organizer, progressive differentiation and integrative synthesis); critical teaching with the presentation and discussion of problems; research, with deductive and inductive strategies; in Learning Interpersonal Models - Research Work Group.
This course aims to give: i) knowledge within the environmental impact assessment; ii) skills for planning, management and implementation of environmental impact; iii) knowledge of environmental protection; iv) skills for planning of environmental rehabilitation projects.
From the point of view of knowledge, abilities and skills, the students should:
- Identify multidisciplinary concepts related to environmental projects
- Meet the objectives and cycle of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Know the environmental legislation
- Distinguish different types of environmental impacts
- Produce inventories, matrices and thematic mapping
- Identifies the actions inherent to a project
- Outline the design of an environmental impact study in accordance with current legislation
- Prepare an environmental impact study on the abiotic component
- Compare the use of different techniques of environmental rehabilitation
- Develop a proposal for an environmental rehabilitation project.
Theme 1 - General multidisciplinary concepts involving environmental projects
Theme 2 - Environmental Legislation and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
Theme 3 - Identification and characterization of environmental impacts.
Theme 4 - Environmental Impact Studies (EIS)
Theme 5 - Environmental Rehabilitation (ER)
Theme 6 - Specific problems related to mining - case studies.
Alexandre Manuel de Oliveira Soares Tavares
Marina Marques da Silva Cabral Pinto
Synthesis work: 40.0%
Partidário, M. R. e Júlio de Jesus (2003). Fundamentos de Avaliação de Impacte Ambiental. Universidade Aberta. Lisboa. 252p.
Canter, L. W. (2003). Manual de Evaluación de Impacto Ambiental. Técnicas para la elaboración de los estudios de impacto. 2Ed. McGraw Hill, 841p.
Carcedo, F. J., Fernadez, L., Jimeno, C., Maqua, M.P., Bombin, R., Gómez, M., Alonso, S., González, C. y Santos, J. (2004). Manual de Restauración de Terrenos y Evaluación de Impactos Ambientales en Mineria. ITGE, Série Guias y Manuales nº2, 360p.