Geologic Resources Modelling
2nd Cycle Studies - Mestrado
General Mathematic; General Physics.
Lectures and practical with carrying out laboratory with computers. Teaching methods fall into: the Cognitive Model of Education - oral presentation with deductive strategies (presentation of a statement introductory organizer, progressive differentiation and integrative synthesis); critical teaching with the presentation and discussion of problems; research, with deductive and inductive strategies; in Learning Interpersonal Models - Research Work Group.
At the end of this unit the students should be able to develop and implement simple conceptual models of geological systems; they should be able to use common programs of earth sciences to solve usual problems of geosciences (representation and modelling of geological data; definition of initial and boundary conditions; implementation of numerical models typical of earth sciences); finally the students should be able to interpret the results of numerical models and to adequate the results to the modeled system.
1. Modelling. Conceptual models.
2. Analogical, physivcal and mathematical models.
3. Model domain, initial and boundary conditions.
4. Data representation: Surfer and RockWorks.
5. Resource evaluation.
6. Optimization of resource exploitation.
7. simulation of simple geological models (“box models”)
8. Modelling of fluid flow and transport.
9. Modelling of hydraulic, mechanical, thermal and chemical processes (brief introduction).
Manuais do software usado (últimas versões); manuals of the software used (most recent versions)