Anatomy and Physiology
2nd Cycle Studies - Mestrado
The student must have the appropriate background in Biology. The adequate understanding of the recommended literature also requires basic knowledge of English.
The theoretical classes are intended to lead students towards the fundamental aspects of human anatomy and physiology.
The theorico-pratical classes are centered in concepts and problems discussion.
The practical classes focuses on the observation of anatomic models allowind the students to identify the various human organs.
At the end of this curricular unit, the students are expected to: 1) interpret common medical terminology; 2) acquire knowledge on the anatomy of the various organs and systems; 3) acquire knowledge on the function of the various organs and systems and their integration as a whole; 4) apply the knowledge acquired.
1. Body Organization and Anatomical Nomenclature
2. Musculoskeletal System
3. Anatomy and Physiology of Nervous System and Sensory Organs.
4. Thorax: Bones and Organs
5. Abdomen Anatomy: Divisions and regions; Organs
6. Respiratory and Cardiovascular Systems: Organs and Location
7. Gastrointestinal and Endocrine Sistems: Organs and Location
8. Urinary and Reprodutive Systems: Organs and Location
9. Respiratory System: Physiology; Pathology
10. Cardiovascular System: Physiology; Pathology
11. Blood Cells and Hemostasis: Physiology; Pathology
12. Gastrointestinal System: Physiology; Pathology
13. Urinary System: Physiology; Pathology.
14. Endocrine System: Physiology; Pathology
15. Reproductive System: Physiology; Pathology.
Raquel Maria Fino Seiça
- Dauber W - Pocket Atlas of Human Anatomy, 5th ed. Stuttgart: Thieme Verlag, 2007
- Gray's Anatomy for Students, 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Churchill Livingstone, 2014
- Human Physiology. The Basis of Medicine. Oxford Core Texts - Gillian Pocock, Christopher D. Richards and David A. Richards, 4th edition, 2013
- Textbook of Medical Physiology - Arthur C. Guyton and John E. Hall, 13th edition, 2016.