Knowledge of Topography and Cartography and GIS.
The fundamental concepts are taught in the theoretical classes. The practical classes, held in cluster lab, include an initial acquaintance with GIS software; students start thereafter the development in class of a course work covering the conception and implementation of a prototype of a cadastral info system.
Final assessment includes a practical component and a written exam. The practical component refers to the course work above, including both a short report & oral presentation; 4 points (out of 20) are assigned to this component.
The written exam is assigned 16 points.
Acquaintance with basic knowledge on:
• Cadastre of properties:
- its historical evolution in Portugal & other European countries,
- tax, legal, and territorial management purposes,
- legal & institutional background,
- the Finance Department Registry,
- the Property Legal Registry,
- property cadastre operational steps.
• Territorial management:
- legal instruments.
• Property cadastre contribution for territorial administration & management
1. General introduction
2. Property cadastre ultimate aims
3. Evolution of property cadastre in portugal
4. Current property cadastre regime
5. Role of property cadastre in territorial administration
both a short report & oral presentation;: 20.0%
LARSSON, G. (1991), "Land Registration and Cadastral Systems".
MARCHAND, Filipe G. D'Orey (2002), "Cadastro Predial Multifuncional".
MARTINS, António Paulo da S (1995), A Execução do Cadastro Predial - in "Cartografia e Cadastro”, n.º 3 Dez 95.