2nd Cycle Studies - Mestrado
Power Systems Introduction
Regular classes, following the syllabus, using slides presentations and debate.
Seminars driven by students according to previously assigned themes.
Upon successful completion of the course, the students
- know the fundamental characteristics and the potential of smart grids for an efficient use and management of resources and for sustainable development;
- know the fundamental requirements to renewable source integration in the networks, through a large spectrum of capacity installed;
- understand the requirements of sensorization, measurement and communication which underlie the implementation of smart grids;
- understand the flexibility provided by smart grids on the management of power networks towards the verification of the power balance condition;
- know the computational techniques and the relevant methodologies for system analysis and decision support;
- are able to identify cybersecuity problems and privacy issues, and to design adequate approaches to such problems and issues.
Introduction to the concept of Smart Grid
Integration of renewable energy sources in the power system
Energy storage and Demand response
Wide Area Measurement (WAM)
Privacy and security issues
Pedro Manuel Soares Moura
Synthesis work: 30.0%
Material de apoio disponibilizado pelos docentes