Private International Law
2nd Cycle Studies - Mestrado
Successful completion of a Private International Law graduate level course.
Seminar-like classes and presentation of research papers.
Development of studies within the scope of both this subject matter viewed under a comparative law approach, and the legal solutions to be adopted at the EU level.
1. Evolution of the national systems of International Private Law, with emphasis on the EU and the American ones.
2. Special reference to the development of the theme under complex legal orders, both at the state level (internal conflicts) and at the level of international or supronational entities.
3. Subjects theory, both natural and legal persons
4. Contracts and civil liability
5. Personal and family rights
6. Marriage and succession schemes
Dulce Margarida Jesus Lopes
Class attendance: 10.0%
Research work: 70.0%
RUI MOURA RAMOS, Estudos de Direito Internacional Privado da União Europeia.
LIMA PINHEIRO, Direito Internacional Privado Volume I e III.