Animation and Multimedia
2nd Cycle Studies - Mestrado
Video, image and audio editing.
All projects will be backed with screenings and analysis of diferent works from diferent movements and periods. The projects will focus on experimental aproaches to video Ilustration of audio tracks, audio editing “sound sequences” with consequent moving image, and type in motion. These “classical” exercises are common in diferent movements throughout the 20th century and more recently, providing a stage for a pletora of diferent found solutions and technologies. The works are open for the class to discuss at several stages/deadline. The works will be supervised at every stage by the teac.
Acquisition of visual culture related to the practice of multimedia artwork. It is also intended to develop technical and conceptual skills in the creation of virtual representations of scenes, objects and characters targeting content production for conventional media, new media, the arts, science and industry.
Knowledge of examples of fine arts will motivate the development of practical exercises. Thus, knowledge of multimedia artistic practices will manifest itself pragmatically and not only by the analysis of the works presented.
- Modelling and animation of scenes, objects and characters
- Programming and visual programming languages for animated scenes, objects and characters
- Animation of dynamic simulations and tests based on physical models
- Cameras, lights and materials
- Creating contents with transitions between the virtual world and the real world
- Experimental cinema and video art
- Synesthesic contents – shapes, sounds, textures, colors, numbers
- Threads, joints, particles, fabrics, hair
- Kinectic type and motion graphics.
Maria Alice Barriga Geirinhas dos Santos
Laboratory work or Field work: 50.0%
-ABBADO, Adriano. Perceptual Correspondences of Abstract Animation and Synthetic Sound. Leonardo, Volume 21, Issue 5. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press. 1988.
-BENJAMIN, Walter. Magia e Técnica, Arte e Política. São Paulo: Editora Brasiliense. 1986.
-CHION, Michel. Audio-Vision: Sound on Screen. New York: Columbia University Press. 1994
-CRARY, Jonathan. Suspensions of Perception: Attention, Spectacle, and Modern Culture. New York: October Books. 2001.-EMMER, Michele. The Visual Mind II. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press. 2005.
-WHITNEY, John. Digital Harmony - On the Complementarity of Music and Visual Art. Peterborough, N.H: Byte Books/McGraw-Hill. 1980.
-YOUNGBLOOD, Gene. Expanded Cinema. P. Dutton & Co., Inc. 1971.