Multimedia Design Workshop
Audio-visuals and media production
2nd Cycle Studies - Mestrado
Introductory knowledge of Communication Design and web technologies.
The teaching methods are based on:
- Reading and critical analysis of texts and design cases;
- Presentations of case studies using digital media;
- Development by students of concrete design projects;
- Supervision of work with oral presentation;
- Analysis and monitoring of written papers;
- Theoretical orientation and practical support adapted to each project.
- Understand the essential aspects of a web and mobile design projecs (methodologies, processes, graphical approaches);
- Develop of a range of personal references focused on visual and semantic contents that meet the assumptions of communication design;
- Be able to perform with quality web and mobile interface design projects;
- Search historically relevant events related to the area of the proposed topic;
- Analyze, integrate and critique the contemporary communication design, based on case studies;
- Develop critical appreciation and debate tools over the implementation of the project.
- Concept and project design development;
- Organization and structuring of various content as part of the project;
- Conceptualization and execution of web and mobile design projects;
- The language of digital and online media and application of design principles;
- The woeld wide web as adaptive multimedia platform.
- Understanding content management systems and how to design templates;
- The notion of responsive design and the adaptation of design to multiple platforms;
- Methods of production and publication.
Artur Luís Gonçalves de Azevedo Rebelo Alves
Selected technical texts and scientifc papers;
Rajesh Lal (2013). Digital Design Essentials
Niederst Robbins (2012). Learning Web Design
Clarissa Peterson (2014). Learning Responsive Web Design