Modelling and Materialization
2nd Cycle Studies - Mestrado
Image and video editing.
The accelerated learning process starts with the introduction to the three-dimensional modelling tools, programming forms, the development of functional or optical mechanisms, the proposal of materialization strategies, the development of conceptual and formal processes, physical simulations and materials mapping. This progressive development of the simulations complexity and the relationship between the analogue and digital world in thematic workgroup proposals, associated with social transformations, so that students reach an holistic awareness of the environment in which they interact.
The 3D Modeling and Materialization module intends to develop technical and conceptual skills in the creation of material and virtual representations of scenes, objects and characters targeting content production for conventional media, new media, the fine arts, science and industry.
- Direct 3D Modelling - Concepts, tools and processes
- Modeling of scenes, objects and characters
- Programming and visual programming languages for 3D models - concepts, tools and processes
- Programming and visual programming languages for scenes, objects and characters
. Dynamic simulations and tests based on physical models
- Simulation of lights and materials
- Concepts, tools and processes of materialization for scenes, objects and characters
- Creating contexts of transition between the virtual world and the real world.
Pedro Filipe Martins Carvalho
Laboratory work or Field work: 50.0%
-Beane, Andy; 3D Animation Essentials, John Wiley & Sons, Indianapolis.
-Chopine, Ami; 3D Art Essentials: The Fundamentals of 3D Modeling, Texturing, and Animation, Focal Press.
-Vaughan, William; Digital Modeling, New Riders, Berkeley.
-Diversos livros referentes ao software utilizado.