Communication Design Workshop
Audio-visuals and media production
2nd Cycle Studies - Mestrado
Notions of communicaton design and typography.
- Reading and text analysis;
- Viewing and film analysis;
- Field trips;
- Supervision of work with oral presentation;
- Analysis and monitoring of written papers;
- Presentations of case studies using digital media;
- Practical guidance;
- Theoretical orientation and practical support adapted to each project;
- Case analysis;
- Develpment of practical projects.
Acquire expertise in the communication design field;
Develop communication design projects within image of visual identity field;
Deepen research capabilities using discipline processes;
Develop methods, processes and approaches;
Explore the potential of generative and participatory design;
Translate and organize visual content provided;
Organizing information and visual structures;
Integrating knowledge from different areas through interdisciplinary projects;
Explore the relationship between controlled / free approaches, digital / analog (...);
Development of autonomy and critical sense;
Understand and use information technologies and tools appropriate to conduct communication design and multimedia projects;
Understand suitability and advantages that programming can bring to the project design.
- Basic principles of design;
- Methodologies of the design project;
- Different approaches to communication design;
- The system and the program;
- Possibilities of generative design and programming;
- Printed and digital process;
- Introduction to visual identity;
- Introduction to participatory design;
- Development of visual identity projects;
- Historical synthesis;
- Case studies.
Ana Madalena de Sousa Vasconcelos Matos Boavida
- FELSING, Ulrike (2009). Dynamic Identities in cultural and public Contexts, Germany: Lars Múller Publishers;
- MOLLERUP, Per (1999). Marks of excellence: The History and Taxonomy of Trademarks. London: Phaidon.
- NEURATH, Otto (2011). The Language of the Global Polis
- RAND, Paul (1993). Design Form and Chaos. London: Yale University Press.
- REAS, Casey and FRY Ben (2007). Processing: A programming Handbook for Visual Designers and Artists. Cambridge: MIT Press.
- REAS, Casey; McWILLIAMS, Chandler and LUST (2010). Form+ Code in Design, Art, and Architecture. Princeton Architectural Press.