Deontological and Ethical Training
2nd Cycle Studies - Mestrado
To work in the classroom sessions (two hours each, and fifteen in number, making a total of thirty hours) and independently, we selected two methods which allow different types of structure, they are:
- Exposure to debate;
- Workshops with presentations of works performed.
The aim of the course is to deepen the reflection on the ethical dimension of educational intervention, based on knowledge of major issues of axiological content that is outlined in the school as an institution integrated into contemporary society.
From this overall objective, to provide skills in three areas:
(1) Cognitive domain
- Meet: acquire / update / revise knowledge
- Understand: to reorganize this knowledge on pre-existing structures and establish appropriate relations –
- Analyze: identify critical elements in different discourses and practices with a view to its systematization.
(2) Emotional domain
- Reply: engage in the acquisition / update / review, understanding and analysis of knowledge.
- Value: to recognize the importance of knowledge treated.
- Criticism: based on knowledge, deliberately investing in the assessment of ideas and practices.
- Implemented based on knowledge, investing in the debate of ideas and practices.
1. The value of education
1.1. Humanity and Education and / or Education and Humanity?
1.2. The endless struggle of Sisyphus or the lightness of bloom?
1.3. The duty and responsibility to teach
2. Professionalism in education
2.1. Semi-professions or occupations?
2.2. Singularities of professional education
2.3. The fluctuation of the statement and the professional recognition
3. Paradigms of thought, values and education
3.1. Of moral relativism axiological frames or is there a third way?
3.2. Cheer to the experience of coexistence of individualism
3.3. The best interests of the survival strategy
4. Duties and rights professionals
4.1. To knowledge
4.2. Towards society
4.3. For with others (students, peers and other professionals, superiors, family and community)
4.4. To himself
4.5. To the institution
4.5. To the profession
5. The ethics training
5.1. What place, what models?
5.2. A training proposal
Realization of a written work with oral presentation, which should address one of the topics set out contents: 100.0%
Brezinca,W.(1990).La educación em una sociedade en crisis,M.:Narcea
Cabanas,J.M.(2005).La educación en valores y otras cuestiones pedagógicas.B.:PPU
Caetano,A.P.&Silva,M.L.(2009).Ética profissional e formação de professores.Sísifo,8,49-60
Cunha,P.(1995).Para uma deontologia da profissão docente.Brotéria,v.140,39-52 e135-153
Esteves,M.(s.d).Ética e deontologia profissional:uma reflexão e um debate necessários.O professor,4-6
Estrela,M.(1993).Profissionalismo docente e deontologia.Colóquio Ed. e Sociedade,4,185-210
Gervilla,E.(1993).Postmodernidad y educación.Dykinson
Monteiro,A.R.(2002).Proposições para uma deontología da educação.Itinerários:investigar em educação.Lisb.:FC-UL
Monteiro,A.R.(2005).Deontologia das profissões da educação.Coimb.:Almedina
Santos,J.M.(2008).Valores e deontologia docente.Revista Iberoamericana de Educación, 47,2–14
Silva,L.(s.d).Para um código deontológico dos professores.Colóquio Ed. e Sociedade