Robotics, Control and Systems
2nd Cycle Studies - Mestrado
- Computer programming
- Embedded Systems
Master classes for theoretical presentation of the program contents using audiovisual media. Theoretical-practical classes to demonstrate various concepts taught in lectures and laboratory classes, for implementation and presentation of the partial results of mechatronic projects, implemented by each working group throughout the semester.
The Mechatronics course aims at providing students with the fundamental knowledge necessary for the design and development of mechatronics systems, with particular emphasis on control systems composed of several axes driven by electromagnetic actuators. In order to achieve this objective, the student should be aware of the working principle of the main electromagnetic actuators as well as the respective power electronics circuits required to control these actuators with embedded systems based on microcontrollers. It should also be able to implement software with real-time constraints that allow controlling the actuators according to an established objective.
1. Integrated electromechanical systems
2. Mechanisms for motion transmission
- Fundamental equations of the dynamics of mechanical systems with moving masses
- Sizing of actuators
3. Power Electronics
- Static and dynamic characteristics of power semiconductors
- Interface with power circuits
- Linear and switched regulators
4. Electromechanical actuators and drivers
- Solenoids and linear electromagnetic actuators
- Brushed and brushless DC motors; stepper motors
- AC motors; induction motors and electronic speed drivers
- Linear and rotary piezoelectric actuators
- Shape memory alloys; electroactive polymers
5. Motion control
- Speed and position control
- Synchronization of motion axes
- Programmable systems with multiple axes (robots, CNC machines).
Lino José Forte Marques
Laboratory work or Field work: 35.0%
- Sabri Cetinkunt, “Mechatronics with Experiments", 2nd Edition, John Wiley & Sons, 2015.
- Hakan Gürocak, "Industrial Motion Control: Motor Selection, Drives, Controller, Tuning, Applications" John Wiley & Sons, 2016
- R. Isermann, “Mechatronic Systems: Fundamentals”, Springer, 2005.
- Klaus Janschek, "Mechatronic Systems Design: Methods, Models, Concepts", Springer, 2012.
- T. Kiong, L. Heng, H. Sunan, "Precision Motion Control - Design and Implementation", 2nd ed, Springer, 2008.