Project 2 – Audiovisual
Audio-visuals and Media Production
1st Cycle Studies
Multimedia Programming, Internet Technologies, Typography, Design and Communication Theory, Project 1.
The cognitive method of learning is valued through: • Practical classes for the development of a multidisciplinary semester project, aimed at solving real problems in a simulated context; • Presentation and discussion classes of reference Design projects, as well as bibliography; • Presentation, evaluation and collective discussion of the projects developed (intermediate and final) as a learning moment.
To enable the interdisciplinary practice of Design and multimedia technologies in the context of an audiovisual project; to know how to integrate the knowledge of drawing, composition, photography, video, multimedia communication, narratives and the technologies involved, at the service of a communicational goal; to develop content creation and prototyping skills in the area of audiovisual products; to plan and to manage a medium-sized design project in a structured way.
1. Development of methodological, technical and language procedures of the Design project applied to audiovisual products - Introduction to the problem, sampling, descriptive, analytical and experimental studies, analysis of tests and implementation
2. Planning and management of the design project
3. Publishing media and vehicles in the context of multimedia technologies
4. Audiovisual communication - statement of facts, formulation of opinion, credibility of sources of information, degrees of opinion, form of message, urgency of message, perception, persuasion
5. Communication in the digital age - symbolic language and language-movement
6. Transmitter and receiver - individual and collective communication, definition of target audience
7. Prototyping with multimedia elements in digital and multiplatform contexts
8. Event-driven programming and control of interactive elements
9. Analysis of the communicational effectiveness of a Design project applied to an audiovisual product.
Nuno Miguel Cabral Carreira Coelho
Krasner, J. (2008). Motion Graphic Design, Aplied History and Aesthetics. Focal Press.
Karachko, L. (2011). A Short History of Motion Graphics.
Van Sijll, Jennifer (2005). Cinematic Storytelling. Michael Wiese Productions.
Katz, Steven (1991). Film Directing Shot by Shot – Visualizing from Concept to Screen. Michael Wiese Productions.
Holland, P. (2000). The Television Handbook. Routledge.
Penteado, José Roberto Whitaker (2012). A Técnica da Comunicação Humana. São Paulo, Cengage Learning. Lupton, Ellen, Type on Screen – A Critical Guide for Designers, Writers, Developers, and Students