Direct teaching with active student participation. Challenges in the lectures.
- Theoretical-classes accompanied with projection of transparencies and sometimes with video presentations and computer animations;
- Classes of experimental demonstrations;
- Development of supporting texts covering all taught subject;
- Development of solved and discussed problems, exemplary of the matter taught;
TP classes of application of concepts and laws and Physical problem solving.
Classes discussion of theoretical and practical typical application examples;
Classes should always be open to discussion
- Acquire basic knowledge in physics.
- Understand laws (theoretical and empirical) of classical physics and its applications.
- Use concepts of classical physics to solve problems.
- Know and apply laws and principles of classical physics.
- Communicate ideas in Classical Physics in writing and orally.
- Skill in analysis and synthesis.
- Competence in organization and planning.
- Competence in oral and written communication.
- Competence to solve problems.
- Competence in critical thinking.
- Competency in autonomous learning.
- Adaptability to new situations.
- Competence to apply in practice the theoretical knowledge.
- Competence in self-criticism and self-evaluation.
1. Particle Mechanics
1.1- Kinematics and dynamics of particle movement in more than one dimension.
1.2- Movements under the action of a resulting constant force.
1.3 Movements of bodies subject to bonding forces.
2. Oscillating movements
3. Center of mass and momentum of a particle system
4. Fluid Mechanics
1. Field and electric potential
1.1 Coulomb's law and electric field
1.2 Energy and electric potential
2. Electrical Circuits
2.1 Electric Current
2.2 Energy exchanges in an electric circuit
2.3 Equations of electrical circuits
3. Action of magnetic fields on moving charges and currents
Décio Ruivo Martins
Continuous evaluation: 50.0%
Manual 12 F - Física 12º ano. Ventura, Graça; Paixão, José António; Fiolhais, Carlos; Fiolhais, Manuel. Texto Editores.
Física, D. Halliday, R. Resnick e K. S. Krane , Livros Técnicos e Cientifico S.A
Fundamentos de Física , D. Halliday, R. Resnick e J. Walker, Livros Técnicos e Cientifico S.A
Física, P. Tipler, Ed. Guanabara