1) Teacher-centered methods: expositive and demonstrative.
2) student-centered and interactive methods: computer-aided learning.
3) methods based on experience: computer simulation of experiments; execution of manoeuvres and evaluation techniques of a given human body function and interpretation of results (Biopac Student Lab).
- Acquire knowledge on the operating basis of various organs and tissues and their integration into a whole, the human organism.
- Acquire knowledge about nervous system electrophysiology and electroencephalography, and also on the evaluation of renal function and the measurement of hormones concentration.
- Develop the ability to produce synthesis monographs and to present them (orally and written)
Nervous Ssystem Physiology
Physiology of Hearing and Balance, Smell and Taste and Vision
Ageing and Dementia: Physiologic and Biochemical changes
Diagnostic Techniques in Otolaryngology
Physical Exercise and Body Temperature Regulation
Physiology of Endocrine System
Physiology of Reproductive System
Physiology of Gastrointestinal System
Physiology of Adipose Tissue
Regulation of Food Intake and Energy Expenditure
Skin Electrical Activity of Skin
Exercise: Musculoskeletal, Cardiovascular and Respiratory Systems. Temperature and Metabolism Regulation
Determination of Blood Glucose, Glycated Haemoglobin, Cholesterol and Triglycerides. ELISA Techniques,
Western Blotting and Spectrophotometry
Gastrointestinal Manometry and pH Metry
Digestive System: Endoscopy and Ultrasound
Diabetes Mellitus: Pathogenesis, Chronic Complications and Therapeutic Strategies
Human Physiology. The Basis of Medicine. Oxford Core Texts - G. Pocock and C.D. Richards
Berne and Levy Physiology - B.M. Koeppen and B.A. Stanton
Human Physiology: an integrated approach - Dee Unglaub Silverthorn
Fisiologia Básica - Rui Curi e Joaquim Procopio
Artigos Científicos sobre alguns dos temas ministrados: são disponibilizados os artigos mais recentes e relevantes sobre os temas em causa. / Scientific papers: are provided the latest and most relevant papers on the addressed topics.