Teaching is based on theoretical-practical classes where the fundamentals and applications of the more common instrumentation in hospitals are presented, and on seminars in which several professionals in the medical instrumentation field present their professional experience or the results of their research.
Students will visit clinical services to know the current status of hospital institutions, in terms of medical instrumentation, and the views of medical personnel on this instrumentation.
General knowledge on the most common medical instrumentation and their operating principles.
Ability to read and understand the data and specification sheets from medical and hospital instrumentation manufacturers.
Ability to interface between hospital and medical personnel and medical instrumentation companies.
1. Basic concepts of medical instrumentation
2. Sensors: principles and basic concepts
3. Biopotencials: origin and measurement instrumentation
4. Measurement of blood pressure
5. Measurement of blood flow and volume
6. Measurements of the respiratory system
7. Measurement of blood gases and glucose
9. Clinical laboratory instrumentation
10. Instrumentation for diagnosis in ophthalmology
11. Therapeutic devices
12. Prosthetic devices
13. Electrical safety
Continuous evaluation: 100.0%
Medical Instrumentation: Application and Design, John G. Webster
Introdução à Instrumentação Médica. JH Correia; JP Carmo. Lidel 2013
Biomedical Photonics Handbook, Tuan Vo-Dinh, CRC, 2003
artigos de revistas científicas/papers in scientific journals