2nd Cycle Studies - Mestrado
BSc in Design and Multimedia, Informatics Engineering or equivalent.
Presentations by the teacher and students in theretical classes; practicall assigments and lab classes by students in PLs and in autonomous project activities.
The objectives of this course is the study and understanding of the methods, tools, key challenges and problems of mobile computing (communications, security, availability, access to remote information, context, adaptability, location, scalability, etc.), architectures, paradigms and main aspects of mobile computing (hoarding / staging, replication, consistency, synchronization, resource discovery, middleware, awareness, security, mobile code, etc).
The student should develop knowledge and competencies for:
- analysis, design, development, test and maintenance of mobile computing applications;
- appropriate selection of technology platforms for the application scenario;
- implementing applications and local and remote services, as needed, with adequate interfaces;
- integrating services and applications, solving performance, security and scalability issues;
- group work, critical reasoning, self-learning and research of related themes.
1. Introduction to Mobile Computing.
2. Basic concepts of Mobile Computing.
3. Mobile Computing Platforms.
4. Applications for Mobile Computing.
5. Advanced aspects of mobile computing.
6. Development of mobile computing applications.
Tiago José dos Santos Martins da Cruz
Synthesis work: 25.0%
- Programming the Mobile Web, Maximiliano Firtman, O'Reilly, 2010, ISBN: 978-0-596-80778-8
- Architecting Mobile Solutions for the Enterprise, Dino Esposito, Microsoft Press, 2012, ISBN: 978-0-735-66302-2
- Rapid Android Development, Daniel Sauter, The Pragmatic Programmers, 2013, ISBN: 978-1-93778-506-2
- Expert Android, Satya Komatineni, Dave MacLean, Apress, 2013, ISBN: 978-1-4302-4950-4
- Programming Windows Phone 7, Charles Petzold, Microsoft Press, 2010, ISBN: 978-0-7356-4335-2
- iOS Developer's Guide to Views and View Controllers, Jesse Feiler, O'Reilly, April 2015.