2nd Cycle Studies - Mestrado
Theoretical and practical classes.
Resolution of theoretical and practical exercises.
Development of laboratory activities.
Development of field observations and tests.
The course aims to give students skills to:
1. detailed hydrologic and hydrogeologic characterization,
2. develop or integrate projects for exploration and evaluation natural water resources,
3. design and development processes and structures to capture and exploit aquifer systems and units,
4. integrate management teams and sustained exploration of water (surface and groundwater) resources.
1. Natural surface and groundwater bodies as resource.
2. Water resources in Portugal.
3. Hydrological and hydrogeological exploration.
4. Studies, projects and structures to capture surface and groundwater resources.
5. Portuguese aquifer systems. Recognition and evaluation aquifer units and systems.
6. Development of groundwater catchment structures: types, sizing, processes and techniques of construction and maintenance
7. Hydrogeologic boreholes and hydrodynamic tests.
8. Legislative framework for the exploration and exploitation of water resources.
9. Principals for a sustained exploitation of water resources.
José Manuel Martins de Azevedo
Resolution Problems: 20.0%
Lencastre, A. e F.M. Franco (2003) LIÇÕES DE HIDROLOGIA – 3ª Ed. FCT, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Monte da
Sanders, L.L. (1998) A MANUAL OF FIELD HYDROGEOLOGY. Ed: Prentice Hall. New Jersey. 380 pp;
Domenico, P.A. e Schwartz, F.W. (1990) PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL HYDROGEOLOGY – Ed. John Wiley & Sons,
Fetter, C.W. (1994) APPLIED HYDROGEOLOGY – Ed. Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, New Jersew 07632