Seminar I - RNEE-AFA
3rd Cycle Studies
Project approved by the Scientific Board of the Faculty
English language skills (oral and written)
The teaching methods are based on interactive learning supported with tutorial guidance provided by the doctoral project supervisor, which includes the following methods:
 Reading articles
 Active learning from library resources
 Frequency to seminars
 Participation in conferences with presentation of papers
 Realization of courses suggested by the supervisor to acquire skills and refine scientific knowledge
The Seminar I curricular unit will take place through the participation in scientific events in the area of Sport Sciences, promoted by national and international institutions, according to a pre-defined schedule suggested by the branch coordinator.
Participation in the Summer Course in Sport Science
Participation in the Trevor Williams Conferences Cycle in Adapted Physical Activity
José Pedro Leitão Ferreira
- Delanty, G. (2000). Social Science: Beyond Constructivism and Realism. Buckingham: Open University Press.
- Smith, M.J. (1998). Social Science in question. London: Sage Publications.
- Thomas, J., Nelson, J., & Silverman, S. (2005). Research Methods in Physical Activity. Champaign, Illinois. Human Kinetics.
- Bryman, A. (2012). Social Research Methods (4th Edition). Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Howell, D.C. (2010). Statistical Methods for Psychology (7th Edition). Belmont: Wadsworth.
- Tashakkori, A., & Teddlie, C. (1998). Mixed Methodology: Combining Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches. Applied Social Research Methods Series (Volume 46). London: Sage Publications.
- Denzin, N.K.; & Lincoln, Y.S. (2011). Handbook of Qualitative Research
- Wengraf, T. (2001). Qualitative Research Interviewing. London: Sage Publications. London: Sage Publications
- Creswell, J.W. (2012). Qualitative Inquiry and Research Design: Choosing Among Five Approaches. London: Sage Publications.
- Kvale, S. (1996). InterViews: An introduction to Qualitative Research Interviewing. London: Sage Publications.