Seminar II - RAFS
3rd Cycle Studies
Project approved by the Scientific Board of the Faculty.
English language skills (oral and written).
The teaching methods are based on interactive learning supported with tutorial guidance provided by the doctoral project supervisor, which includes the following methods:
 Reading articles
 Active learning from library resources
 Frequency to seminars
 Participation in conferences with presentation of papers
 Realization of courses suggested by the supervisor to acquire skills and refine scientific knowledge.
This curricular unit objective is to promote the continuous and specialized training of the PhD student, through the participation in conferences, workshops and scientific meetings that may contribute to increase the student training focusing on the scientific area of the research project that is being developed.
The curricular unit will be done through the participation in events that relate to the area of Sport Science, promoted by national and international institutions, according to a plan approved by the student supervisor(s) and the branch coordinator.
Ana Maria Miranda Botelho Teixeira
- Delanty, G. (2000). Social Science: Beyond Constructivism and Realism. Buckingham: Open University Press.
- Smith, M.J. (1998). Social Science in question. London: Sage Publications.
- Thomas, J., Nelson, J., & Silverman, S. (2005). Research Methods in Physical Activity. Champaign, Illinois. Human Kinetics.
- Bryman, A. (2012). Social Research Methods (4th Edition). Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Howell, D.C. (2010). Statistical Methods for Psychology (7th Edition). Belmont: Wadsworth.
- Tashakkori, A., & Teddlie, C. (1998). Mixed Methodology: Combining Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches. Applied Social Research Methods Series (Volume 46). London: Sage Publications.
- Denzin, N.K.; & Lincoln, Y.S. (2011). Handbook of Qualitative Research
- Wengraf, T. (2001). Qualitative Research Interviewing. London: Sage Publications. London: Sage Publications
- Creswell, J.W. (2012). Qualitative Inquiry and Research Design: Choosing Among Five Approaches. London: Sage Publications.
- Kvale, S. (1996). InterViews: An introduction to Qualitative Research Interviewing. London: Sage Publications.