Previous contact with law discourse.
The adoption of theoretical and practical lessons allow combining moments of the exhibition syllabus with others in which students actively involved in solving practical exercises to consolidate knowledge. The lectures are organized to encourage students’ active involvement in learning, fostering student teacher interaction. Theoretical exhibitions are combined with more practical initiatives like problem solving exercises and newspapers analyses.
The lessons are accompanied with slides that are then made available to students in Nonio platform.
To understand the legal framework of Portuguese labor relations.
- To identify the legal framework associated with the management of labor relations within companies;
- To understand the framework of collective bargaining and the legal structures of collective representation of workers within and outside the company;
- To analyze and framing economic decisions on industrial relations within labor law context.
- To provide economists and managers with a framework of reference for business decisions and strategies regarding the management of human resources.
-Promote the understanding of the technical legal discourse and to encourage their proper use;
- Promote the use of labor legislation aimed at solving specific problems;
- Facilitate the dialogue with legal professionals in professional context;
- Frame critically business decisions which impact on working relationships.
1. Labour law: genesis, object and scope
2. Sources of labour law
II. Collective labor relations
1. The collective bargaining
2. The labour collective actors
3. Labour disputes: the strike.
III. The labour contract
1. Employment contract and related figures
2. Long term employment vs. temporary work
3. Rights and duties of employees and employers
4. The remuneration
5. The working time
6. The workplace
7. Termination of employment relationship
Catarina Claudia Ferreira Frade
Two tests : 100.0%
AMADO, João Leal, Contrato de trabalho. Coimbra: Wolters Kluwer Portugal/Coimbra Editora, 2010.
FERNANDES, António Monteiro, Direito do trabalho. 15ª ed. Coimbra : Edições Almedina, 2010
FRADE, Catarina, A cessação do contrato de trabalho reformada [em linha]. Coimbra: FEUC, 2012.
LEITÃO, Luís Manuel Teles de Meneses, Direito do trabalho. 2ª ed. Coimbra : Edições Almedina, 2010.
LEITE, Jorge, Direito do trabalho [em linha]. Coimbra: FEUC, 2009.
PORTUGAL. Código do Trabalho (edição atualizada).
PORTUGAL. Constituição da República Portuguesa: atualizada de acordo com a Lei Constitucional n.º 1/2005, de 12 de Agosto.