Audio-visuals and Media Production
1st Cycle Studies
- Investigation and research capabilities
- Competence in teamwork
- Discourse and argument in design culture issues
- Understanding of universal principles of design
- Competence in design methodology
- Competence in applying theory to practice
- Competence in planning a organizing study
- Competence in oral and written communication
- Competence in informatics engineering regarding the syllabus requirements
- Competence in critical judgement
- Competence in communicating clearly to non-designers
- Preocupation with quality
- Theoretical and Practical lectures based on case studies.
- Articulation between theory and practice through practical exercises and continuous critique evaluations.
(there will be no differentiation between theoretical-practical and laboratorial lectures)
- Confidence with general digital authoring methods
- Content analysis and preparation for digital and interactive narrative (editing, scriptwriting, prototyping)
- Aplication of elementary notions of harmony, melody and rhythm to abstract visual scenarios
- General knowledge regarding cross-media design and sound. (Amplitude, Duration, Pitch and Timbre)
- Aplication and analysis of design and motion theories
- Design and multimédia in expanded performative contexts. Músic, Choreography, Theatre and Art
- Confidence in elaborating and presenting a digital portfólio.
Design planning for a multimedia project
- Digital text and image: Between poetry, music and design
- Music packaging culture. Digital Remediation
- Structuring content for audiovisual media
- Digital authoring and copyright
António Manuel Sucena Silveira Gomes
Report of a seminar or field trip: 5.0%
Resolution Problems: 5.0%
Laboratory work or Field work: 5.0%
Research work: 5.0%
ARMSTRONG, F. Hearing Type in Baseline nº 42 web. http://www.aiga.org/content.cfm/hearing-type
BOLTER, D. , GRUSIN R. Remediation: Understanding New Media.
The MIT Press, 2000.
BRINGHURST, R. The Elements of Typographic Style. Vancouver: Hartley & Marks, 1997
WALTERS, J. L. Sound, Code, Image. Eye nº26. Ed. Max Bruinsma. 1997
GERSTNER, K. Designing Programmes. 3rd. Ed. 2008. Lars Muller Publishers.
MASSIN, La Letre et L’ímage. Galimard, 1993
MARGOLIN, V. The Struggle for Utopia. Rodchenko, Lissitski, Moholy-Nagy. 1917-1946. Chicago Press. 1997
HELFLAND, J. Screen, Essays on Graphic Design, New Media, and Visual Culture”. Princeton Architectural Press: New York 2001
KITTLER, F. Gramophone, Film, Typewriter. Stanford University Press: s.l. 1999.
PLATZER, Frédéric. Compêndio de Música. Edições 70. 2000