Audio-visuals and Media Production
1st Cycle Studies
Familiar with the basic elements of visual comunication like typography and the basic principles of design
- Lectures supported by display cases;
- Practical exercises;
- Linking theory and practice - theoretical knowledge through exercises;
- Presentation and discussion of referenced design projects in the literature;
- Development of practical work aimed to solve real problems in a simulated context;
- Presentation of projects and later discussion with colleagues
Integration of knowledge about design, composition and typography already acquired;
- Foster the capacity to develop medium difficulty projects;
- Develop research skills;
- Foster teamwork, individual creativity and critical thinking;
- Develop the ability to apply theoretical knowledge into practice;
- Learn to plan and manage;
- Develop oral and written communication skills.
Initiation to methodological, technical and language procedures of project design;
- Planning the design project;
- Text and image;
- Visual hierarchy;
- Supports and means of publication;
- Simulation of practice in classroom context with focus on poster design, webdesign and development of pictorial signs;
- Research and exposure of different graphic languages.
Artur Luís Gonçalves de Azevedo Rebelo Alves
BRUINSMA, M. (2003). Sites de création — Innover sur le web. 1ére edition. Thames & Hudson: Paris. ISBN 2-87811-227;
FRASCARA, J. (2004). Communication Design: Principles, Methods, and Practice. Allworth Press: New York. ISBN 978-1581153651;
LUPTON, E. (2010). Thinking with type — A Critical Guide for Designers, Writers, Editors, & Students. Princeton Architectural Press: New York. ISBN 978-1568989693;
PELTA, R. (2004). Diseñar hoy: Temas contemporaneos de diseño grafico. Paidos Iberica: Barcelona . ISBN 978-8449315336.
As restantes referências bibliográficas serão fornecidas de acordo com os projectos a desenvolver.