The teaching methodology is based on three levels of organization. At the individual level, each student attends the discipline, participating and learning the technical aspects conveyed by the teacher or by invited experts. At the group level, students propose, analyze, develop and evaluate a business concept that resulted from their strategic analysis of the market, in addition to other learning activities and knowledge sharing works. Finally, at the level of discipline, all groups interact with each other in sessions of presentation of their projects progress and other management topics.
The course CEB provides students with an overall perspective of how new organizations are created and function and helps developing their strategic thinking, besides training them on specific matters regarding different technical aspects of management, such as Analysis and Evaluation of Investment Projects, Analysis of the Strategic Positioning of new Ventures, Human Resource management, among others. The course has also an important aim to foster students’ initiative, proactivity and entrepreneur ability, which will be developed during the course duration by assigning a project for the study, analysis and creation of a new business venture. The discipline is taken as a learning space, were all stakeholders, students and teachers, are committed to actively contribute to their vision and mission, while sharing the accepted common system of values.
1 – Entrepreneurship. Introduction. Key ingredients for succesful ventures. Threats across the duration of the project implementation. Strategic analysis of new ventures. Intellectual and industrial property.
2 – Development of New Products. Challenges in the development of new products and the advantages of a systematic development processes. Innovation Strategies basic. Approaches, methods and tools for product design. Case studies. Application examples.
3 - Analysis of Investment Projects. Scope and motivation. Estimation of the project cash-flows. Analysis of an investment through the NPV, ROI, IRR and PR. Risk and uncertainty analysis.
4 - Human Resource Management. Scope of the human resources function. Analysis of individual and group behaviour. Organizational behaviour and alignment. Time management. The various leadership styles. The professional career.
Paula Cristina Nunes Ferreira Calvinho
• Pedro M. Saraiva, Empreendedorismo: do conceito à aplicação, da ideia ao negócio, da tecnologia ao valor.
• Roberts, E., Entrepreneurs in High Technology, Oxford Univ. Press (1991).
Análise de Projectos de Investimento
• Marques, A., Concepção e Análise de Projectos de Investimento, Sílabo, 3ª ed. (2006).
• Brealey, R. e S. Myers, Princípios de Finanças Empresariais, McGraw-Hill (1992).
Análise do Posicionamento Estratégico de Novos Negócios
• Wheelen, T.L.; Hunger, J.D., Strategic Managementand Business Policy, Pearson Education (2008).
• Santos, A.J.R., Gestão Estratégica, Escolar Editora (2008).
Gestão de Recursos Humanos
• Câmara, P., P. Guerra e J. Rodrigues, Humanator, Dom Quixote (1997).
• Covey, S., The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Simon&Schuster (1990).
• Robbins, S., Organizational Behavior, 6ª ed., Prentice Hall (1993).