Bachelor's Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering
General Objectives of the CourseThe Bachelor Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering lasts for three years and seeks to fulfill the dual objective of securing a solid grounding in structuring areas of engineering sciences such as mathematics, physics and programming, and in specific areas of Electrical and Computers engineering, and also develop a broad spectrum of skills for further studies on a 2nd cycle of studies and for possible initiation into professional practice. The objective of this cycle of studies is also to complement the structuring training of students in the area of Electrical and Computer Engineering with a strong laboratory component and project-oriented, providing a learning model that aims to encourage students to value some personal skills and attitudes necessary for the practice of the profession, including scientific spirit and creativity, critical and responsible sense, ability to learn autonomously, ability to interact and work in groups. and in interdisciplinary teams, the ability to self-adapt, the ability to communicate, and self-demand. The course has a curriculum with strong alignment in the fundamental and structuring subjects with the national and international reference courses in the area.
- Application via national access competition. Completion of Secondary Education and passing specific tests in Mathematics A (19) and Physics and Chemistry (07)
- Candidates may also enter the CE and under the terms of the legal regulations, candidates from:
- the special contest for those over 23;
- the Special Competition for holders of other higher education courses;
- the special access competition for international students;
- change of institution / course pair
- The entry requirements for foreigner students are regulated by the artº2 and artº3 of the
special international student admission and admission competition regulations for undergraduate and master's degree programs at the University of Coimbra (Regulation nº135/2014, DR 2ºsérie, nº67-4 de Abril de 2014).
This information does not exempt the consultation of the webpage of the Directorate General of Higher Education (DGES) and/or of the Applicants website. Please, visit the DGES and the Applicants websites
Professional GoalsThe broad-based training offered by LEEC is complemented by specific training in areas of major relevance to the country's development. Its bachelors find multiple professional opportunities in the industry and services sectors traditionally linked to Electrical and Computer Engineering (Energy, Telecommunications, Information Systems, Electronics, Control and Instrumentation) and generally in all the activities that make use of information technology in planning, operation, maintenance and management tasks.
Mode of StudyFace-to-face
Teaching / Evaluation language(s)Portuguese language
Examination Regulations, Assessment and GradingThe rules of evaluation and classification are those foreseen by the academic regulations of the University of Coimbra.
That regulation allows the Organic Units of the UC the definition of specific Assessment regulations. The Faculty of Science and Technology of the UC has defined, after public discussion among peers, its Pedagogical Regulation which regulates the examination, Assessments and Grading in the FCTUC.
According to this regulation, the final grade is an integer in the range of 0 to 20V and the approval in a given curricular unit is obtained if the final grade is equal to or higher than 10V.
Learning Objectives and Intended SkillsThe bachelor degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering provides a set of skills, competences and knowledge typical of an undergraduate degree of this nature, which fall into:
- Master the practice of Electrical and Computer Engineering;
- Demonstrate critical thinking and ethical commitment;
- Learn and work with a high degree of autonomy;
- Be creative and adapt to new situations and problems;
- Organize and plan tasks;
- Leadership and entrepreneurial spirit;
- Develop the learning skills necessary for further study;
- Use various computer tools and be able to design computer applications in your area of expertise;
- Interpret descriptions of experimental methods and protocols, know how to present and interpret experimental results.
- Communicate orally, in Portuguese, to audiences consisting of specialists and non-specialists in the field of Electrical Engineering.
- Read and understand scientific documents in Portuguese and English.
- Establish interpersonal relationships and work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Show work responsibility and respect for peers in multidisciplinary teams.
- Have initiative and the ability to make decisions.
- Apply the knowledge acquired in the scientific areas of Physics and Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrotechnics and Electronics, Instrumentation, Automation and Control and Economics and Management in problem solving.
- Understand and know how to apply the fundamentals of electrical circuit analysis, electronics and digital systems, electrotechnology, instrumentation, control, signal processing, electrical machines, telecommunications systems, power systems and science. of computing.
- Design, generate and adapt simple electrical, electronic and computer systems.
- Analyze, identify, classify and describe the performance of systems and components through the application of analytical methods and computational methods.
- Properly use laboratory equipment.
Marco Alexandre Cravo Gomes
ECTS Departmental Coordinator(s)
António Paulo Mendes Breda Dias Coimbra
Recognition of Prior LearningRecognition of prior learning is carried out in accordance with the Academic Regulation of the University of Coimbra.
Qualification Requirements and RegulationsDecree-Law No. 74/2006, of March 24, in the current wording
The graduation is accomplished upon obtaining approval in all courses of the curricular plan, corresponding to 180 ECTS.
Access to Further StudiesBy attributing the bachelor degree, this study cycle allows access to second cycle studies, limited to the specific requirements established by each of these courses, namely to the Master in Electrical and Computers Engineering.
1st Cycle Studies
DGES Code: L209
Qualification Awarded: Licenciado
Duration: 3 Year(s)
ECTS Credits: 180.0
Call for Applications
- Course/institution transfer
- Holders of Other Higher Education Degrees
- Over 23-year-olds
- Special Contest for International Students (Bachelor's Degree and Integrated Master's Degree Courses)
- 1st Semester
Start date: 20-09-2021
Start date (first year): 06-10-2021
End date: 18-12-2021
- 2nd Semester
Start date: 07-02-2022
End date: 21-05-2022
- 2020-07-31 a 2026-07-31