Courses / Faculty of Arts and Humanities
Training Course Academic Writing in Portuguese
General Objectives of the Course- To develop the students’ writing skills in research papers.
- To upgrade planning skills, data presentation and argument building
- To encourage ethical writing practices and to prevent plagiarism.
- To develop skills in different academic genres (reports, PhD dissertations, MA theses, absstracts).
- To encourage collaborative writing.
Graduate (in progress). Portuguese and English knowledge.
Candidates should check the admission requirements available on this site, in addition to the information provided here.
Mode of Studye-learning
Teaching / Evaluation language(s)Portuguese
Examination Regulations, Assessment and GradingGrades range from 0 to 20 (minimum grade to Pass = 10)
Learning Objectives and Intended SkillsAt the end of the course, students should be able
- to plan and write texts in academic style.
- to master data presentation and argumente building strategies
- to avoid plagiarism.
- to recognise and to produce texts in several academic genres (reports, PhD dissertations, MA theses, abstracts)
- to work on a team with other researchers.