Training Course Academic Writing in Portuguese
General Objectives of the Course- To develop the students’ writing skills in research papers.
- To upgrade planning skills, data presentation and argument building
- To encourage ethical writing practices and to prevent plagiarism.
- To develop skills in different academic genres (reports, PhD dissertations, MA theses, absstracts).
- To encourage collaborative writing.
12th grade diploma (or equivalent).
C1 level in Portuguese language writing.
B2 Intermediate level in English in reading comprehension (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
Candidates should check the admission requirements available on this site, in addition to the information provided here.
Mode of Studye-learning
Teaching / Evaluation language(s)Portuguese
Examination Regulations, Assessment and GradingGrades range from 0 to 20 (minimum grade to Pass = 10)
Learning Objectives and Intended SkillsAt the end of the course, students should be able
- to plan and write texts in academic style.
- to master data presentation and argumente building strategies
- to avoid plagiarism.
- to recognise and to produce texts in several academic genres (reports, PhD dissertations, MA theses, abstracts)
- to work on a team with other researchers.
Qualification Requirements and RegulationsRegulation n.º 339/2012, published in Official Gazette no. 152, 2. Grade, August 7th (Regulation of Creation and Operation of non-degree courses at the UC).
Non Degree Course
Qualification Awarded: Diploma/Certificate
Duration: 54 HORAS
ECTS Credits: 2.0