Training Course Statistics With SPSS
General Objectives of the CourseProvide the trainee with an integrated program that articulates the acquisition of fundamental statistical concepts with the execution of procedures in SPSS software, illustrated with real examples. In particular:
• identify statistical methods best tailored to specific problems in the biomedical field (comparisons between groups, association, correlation);
• select and use the SPSS Descriptive Statistics and Data Visualization commands;
• select and execute in SPSS some of the statistical tests most often used in biomedical data;
• interpret and critically analyze the results generated by SPSS.
Candidates from undergraduate, master's or doctoral courses are preferred as well as other researchers whose academic, scientific or professional curriculum justifies the usefulness of this course to their training or activity.
Candidates should check the admission requirements available on this site, in addition to the information provided here.
Mode of StudyFace-to-face
Teaching / Evaluation language(s)Portuguese
Examination Regulations, Assessment and GradingThe assessment will be continuous, taking the participation of the trainee in the activities performed throughout the course into account. The final grade will be binary (approved/not approved).
Learning Objectives and Intended SkillsAt the end of the course, trainees should be able to:
- Select and use the SPSS commands that allow performing Descriptive Statistics analysis and Data visualization;
- Select and execute SPSS Inferential Statistics methods;
- Interpret the outputs generated by SPSS for each of the statistical techniques;
- Choose the appropriate methods for new problems and novel data in the Biomedical area, using SPSS to perform the data treatment.
Qualification Requirements and RegulationsRegulation No 339/2012 - Regulation of creation and functioning of non-degree courses at the University of Coimbra
Non Degree Course
Qualification Awarded: Diploma/Certificate
Duration: 27 HORAS
ECTS Credits: 1.0