Year zero of Social Sciences and Humanities
General Objectives of the Course- Provide the necessary tools for the personal exercise of reason, contributing to the development of reasoning, reflection, scientific curiosity, the mastery of language and the understanding of the specific and temporary nature of knowledges.
- Promote the ability to identify the main fields and problems of social sciences and the humanities.
- Develop cognitive, conceptual and methodological tools essential to the production of academic work within the context of social sciences and the humanities.
- Develop a critical awareness of the artistic and cultural challenges resulting from our integration in an increasingly globalized society.
International students with a level of education equivalent to the Portuguese high school diploma and with basic speaking and writing skills in Portuguese.
Candidates should check the admission requirements available on this site, in addition to the information provided here.
Mode of StudyFace-to-face
Teaching / Evaluation language(s)Portuguese
Examination Regulations, Assessment and GradingThe final grade is expressed on a 1-20 scale and it corresponds to the average grade resulting from the grades obtained in each course unit. The final grade of each course unit will correspond to the average grade resulting from the evaluation of assignments presented in class (50%) and the grade of a final exam (50%).
Learning Objectives and Intended Skills- Strengthen the linguistic and cultural skills relating to the formal identification of texts and content analysis;
- Acquire techniques for oral presentations and the preparation of writing plans.
- Define and express in an adequate manner the main problems posed within the framework of the various subjects proposed by the syllabi.
- Acquire and use crossdisciplinary operational concepts in a progressive and correct manner.
- Correctly identify and clarify the core concepts relating to the subjects/problems for reflection proposed by the course’s syllabus.
- Develop activities to analyze and compare different arguments.
- Express a personal opinion with regards to dissertations, doctrines, and artistic and cultural events.
Luís António Ferreira Correia Umbelino
Qualification Requirements and RegulationsRegulation No. 339/2012, August 7
- Economics and Management
- Educational Sciences and Social Work
- Psychology and Sport Sciences
- Social Sciences and Humanities
Non Degree Course
Qualification Awarded: Diploma/Certificate
Duration: 1 Year(s)
ECTS Credits: 60.0
Call for Applications
- 1st Semester
Start date: 16-09-2019
End date: 21-12-2019
- 2nd Semester
Start date: 10-02-2020
End date: 30-05-2020