Training Course in Parental Education
General Objectives of the CourseThe main objectives of the course are the following:
- Recognizing Parental Education as a means of promoting positive parenthood;
- Acknowledging the implications of positive and negative parenthood for the development of children/young adults;
- Recognizing the specifics of different types of families for the definition of Parental Education responses;
- Acknowledging the national and international political framework for the promotion of positive parenthood;
- Recognizing the importance of developing formal and informal networks for supporting positive parenthood;
- Acknowledging features and skills of the parental educator that affect the quality of the Parental Education interventions;
- Acknowledging different programs from different intervention programs/modes in Parental Education.
Holders of a Bachelor's or Master´s Degree, preferably in the areas of Psychology, Educational Sciences, Social Work, Social Education, Education, Youth Work / Sociocultural, Medicine, Nursing, Law.
Candidates should check the admission requirements available on this site, in addition to the information provided here.
Mode of StudyE-learning
Teaching / Evaluation language(s)Portuguese
Examination Regulations, Assessment and GradingThe final classification consists of the weighted average of the grades obtained on modules 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Learning Objectives and Intended SkillsStudents at the end of the course should be able to: • learn to identify the key characteristics of positive parenting; • learn to identify parental behaviors risk to the achievement of positive parenting; • learn to identify the elements needed to develop successful interventions in parental education, particularly in terms of parenting skills educator; • learn to frame proposals for intervention of parental Education in the framework of current policies to promote positive parenting.
Madalena Moutinho Alarcão Silva
Qualification Requirements and RegulationsRegulation n. º 339/2012, published in Official Gazette no. 152, 2. Grade, August 7th (Regulation of Creation and Operation of non-degree courses at the UC)
At the end of the course, students must be able to:
- identify the most important features of positive parenthood;
- identify parental behaviors that pose a risk for positive parenthood;
- identify the required elements for developing successful Parental Education interventions, namely as regards the skills of the parental educator;
- establish a framework for Parental Education intervention proposals in the context of the current policies for promoting positive parenthood.
Non Degree Course
Qualification Awarded: Diploma/Certificate
Duration: 81 HORAS
ECTS Credits: 3.0
Call for Applications (only in portuguese)
- 1st Quarterial
Start date: 08-03-2016
End date: 31-03-2016
- 2nd Quarterial
Start date: 01-04-2016
End date: 30-04-2016
- 3rd Quarterial
Start date: 02-05-2016
End date: 31-05-2016